This Encampment Protest, valuing life, dignity, and community, embraces an HONOR SYSTEM.
This HONOR SYSTEM means that while we are here:
– All participants, for any length of time, are celebrated;
– We maintain a dignified atmosphere that is empowering to ourselves and each other;
– We act with the knowledge that the interest and goals of the encampment are ‘larger’ than our individual self-interests;
– We are accountable to one another and to the ‘group’;
– We use no violence, neither physical nor verbal;
– We carry no weapons;
– We request that participants refrain from using substances that compromise the encampment;
– We show respect for the land and for each other’s health and safety;
– We communicate the principles of the Honor System with people as they arrive.
– Here, we are embodying our highest self—each of us is a necessary and ‘perfect’ person.